Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Farewell Andy Gray ...

... and as a "kiddie-winkie part-time Wolves fan" (Stafford Rangers @ home one week - Wolves @ home the next week courtesy of a freebie with my Grandad and his job), I can safely say you were NEVER up to the standard of the mighty "Doog" (youngsters please Google "Derek Dougan").

... and having noticed a post of my mate Ken's blog (see here) - it came back to me - I was at the same game as well (Belper Town v Quorn on 23rd January 2010) - and I remember Ms Massey well - to put it bluntly, she took no sh*t from anyone - witness one of my piccies from said game - keeping the massed hordes of "vegetarians" (OK Quorn players) at bay ...




So - a pundit job (or two) available at Sky TV - no doubt some other ex-pro who doesn't need the dosh will kop for one of the the jobs - although if we stick with the Belper Town theme there's a couple of fans who might do well in the job - see and hear the "rapport" from last night's game against Harrogate RA in this little Youtube snippet (and try to avoid the 'choice lingo' at about 52 seconds !!) ...



Nearly tea time - it's been another heavy day "on the post" (bloody catalogues - the official RM line is that "everything is back to normal" - what that seems to mean to us @ Oldham is that Manchester Mail Centre has finally got their act together ... and finally tipped an absolute load of stuff out to us all at once - and we're not just talking flimsy catalogues - we're talking 1 to 2 inch thick stuff - and lots of 'em !!!).

Might be back later - I've another "Mail related thingy" up my sleeve (once I've downloaded the pic off my phone !!) - and I still need to check out the full SP on Mossley's defeat last night @ Wakefield (although 3 down after 27 minutes is a bit of a tall order to rectify ...)
.

No comments: