Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mossley v Warrington Town



... well that was some bloomin' week - especially as it WAS meant to be a week's holiday; the Oldham East & Saddleworth by-election put paid to that - still, in addition to working my "day off", I earned somewhere near £300 extra for delivering election stuff - bring on the new camera lens !! Any thoughts of an easy day on Friday (the day after "Cleggeron" got their bloody nose !) was soon dispelled when I emptied my packet bags - some of it is, admittedly STILL Christmas backlog (now there's a story !!!) but I ended up making a very pretty pyramid on top of my frame ...




... all that pyramid was to fit in my last two bags ... i.e. no chance !!! Agreements were reached - to the satisfaction of all - and that was Friday ! Today was ... WET !!! Got a good four-hour soaking this morning before getting home, drying off, getting changed and ... going out and getting soaked again - this time "for fun" rather than "money" !!! A strange game today - Warrington got off to a flyer while I was still "constructing" my camera in the (dry) Social Club, but Mossley, playing with the wind and rain sorted themselves out and fashioned a good equaliser through Chris Rowney. The second half however was decidedly "flat" with little to write home about - a few scares at the back for Mossley, but a point against Warrington is certainly not to be sniffed at - some rather damp pictures (OK I've dried them out a bit !) can be found at ..

Mossley 1 Warrington Town 1

Weather is looking even grimmer for tomorrow (no walk then - ho ho) - so time to plan summer holidays ... managed to find a week on my leave chart that coincides with Mrs Smiffy's hols. However this does of course assume that we're both still in work come July - can't remember if I mentioned it, but my six-month contract at RM was extended for another 6 months up to June 27th (together with a 50p per hour pay rise !!) - and we're all aware of what might happen to council employees all over the country - Manchester have announced that 2,000 jobs will go in the next 12 months - so expecting some "fall out" locally as well - fingers crossed ! Anyway, planned destination = the Orkney Islands - just got to decide between Stromness and Kirkwall ... anyway, must be bedtime so ... zzzzzz
.

No comments: