Sunday, January 09, 2011

Hyde FC v Stafford Rangers

It's been quiet on here recently hasn't it ? Since the Mossley/Clitheroe game last Monday it's been work, work, work ... This Oldham by-election is piling on the work at the moment - "electoral communications" as noted previously. 10 (ten) candidates ... and up to now I've delivered stuff for 7 of them - still waiting on Monster Raving Loonies, Elvis Bus-Pass and Green ... still it'll all be over come Wednesday night for the posties !! So - after work (and yes we've had more bloody snow as well !), it's been a case of work/relax/sleep/repeat.

Anyway - Saturday arrived - up at 0530 - and work finished about 1330, leaving next to no time to get over to the Radcliffe Borough v Mossley game (although it seems every time I miss a Mossley game - they score 4 !!) - so ... for the second time this season it was time to check out the old home town team ...

... and for the second time this season I witnessed a dire performance from the "Boro" - the performance at Droylsden was bad, but yesterday - they were simply woeful. Not one shot on goal in the entire 90 minutes, no cohesion, no urgency towards the end - not pretty to watch at all. Did manage to get some half-decent pictures mind ...

Hyde FC 1 Stafford Rangers 0

Next week was to be my "holiday week" - but I've knocked it on the head because of this election kerfuffle - the reason being that every "electoral communication" I deliver is apparently worth 4.5p to me !! I've had to keep a tally of what's been delivered, which party, addressed or unaddressed etc etc, and up to now I've "got rid" of about 3,000 of the things - all proceeds will be going towards that elusive 85mm f1.8 lens that I've been coveting for ages - and I've still got a fair few English Democrat and Pirate Party UK leaflets to go tomorrow - without even thinking about what else might turn up tomorrow morning !!

Football next week - I DO have my eye on the Chorley v Mossley game on Tuesday night - honest (word for any train travellers to said game - DO NOT buy a return from Mossley to Chorley - it's £14.50 !! Buy a return from Mossley to Bolton (£3.60) and a return from Bolton to Chorley (£5.60) - result is a couple of "free pints" if my maths is right !!) - but we'll see. There are "closer" options available on Monday (the two Ashtons) and Tuesday (Woodley), but with Mossley "on fire" at the moment, it'll be good to see them pitting their wits against one of the top three clubs - and with a game at home to Warrington (7th) the following Saturday as well ... who knows how the rest of the season will pan out ... one game at a time mind !
.

2 comments:

Nortoner said...

Nice pics of the footy Mike - one of your best I reckon!

Mike Smith said...

... think it helps a bit when you're not 100% totally committed to either team - less "pressure" !!