Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tuesday Night Football

... well I made it to a game - just ! This by-election kerfuffle on my "postie patch" is wreaking havoc with football, free time etc. By the time I got home today, got changed and grabbed a bacon butty, it was pretty much 1900 hrs - so Chorley v Mossley was completely out of the question (I was secretly hoping that Mossley would once again score four goals in my absence, but sadly not tonight - they lost 2-1 thanks to a 94th minute Chorley penalty - I await discussions of the validity of said peno !!).

So - nearest option was Stalybridge Celtic v Nuneaton Town - and for my second consecutive visit to the Fold, I'm afraid Celtic just didn't perform "up front", and and are still missing a calming influence at the back (despite Tim Ryan getting a game) - and the worrying thing now is that they're slowly slipping down towards the danger zone in the Blue Square North with a number of teams below them having games in hand as well - and the way Hyde are going (well, two straight wins), they could well be exchanging places soon. I'll try to rustle up some pictures tomorrow evening - but here's one for starters anyway ...




Craig Hobson ... "using his head" ...


Wednesday is "deadline day" at work for getting shot of all the official "electoral communications" - when I finished my walk today, I went back to the office and threw the remaining several hundred missives into my frame (saves a bit of time in the morning - and allows me breathing space if - and it could happen (!) - another large batch "appears from nowhere" ...) - hence the late late show as regards football. This time tomorrow, I'll be tallying up the final score - and working out just how close I'm going to be to getting that elusive lens !!

... but I will do the football pix first (alright - after I've cooked the bolognese !!!).

One last thing - the funeral for Woolly Wolstenholme (his sad death was mentioned on here a week or so ago) takes place at Saddleworth Church tomorrow week (Wednesday 19th) at 11-30 am) - I'll be thinking about it as I "trudge my trudge" that day ...

Now to bed - 0630hrs is not far away ...

.

No comments: