Sunday, June 03, 2012

Luvverly Jubilee ?


... a "bit of a do" on our street today in aid of "our glorious leader" ...

 


cakes ....









flags ...










 

 ... and more of the same ...


... there were people there as well - but you know me - I don't 'do people' if I can help it (annoys Mrs Smiffy a lot when we're out on a walk - and I wait ... and wait ... and wait ... to take a pic after all the people have walked over the hill/out of the picture etc etc). 

Anyway - I'm on my holidays !!!!  Catching our first train (which is actually a rail replacement bus !) at about 0900 later today, heading for Swindon (eventually !!) before catching a bus down to Avebury - where the stones are (and the pub where Strange Fruit met for their re-formation - if this loses you - Google "Still Crazy" !!!).  From there - a 70+ mile trundle across the country towards Princes Risborough - apparently this walk pretty much follows a ley line across the country  - but that's Mrs Smiffy's territory -I just take the pics !!

Expect little on here next week - although I may try to do some updates via this new fangled phone thing wot I have got !!


(PS that Swiss Brass Band I mentioned yesterday (they're called Music Frohsin Oberburg)came 2nd in the Friezland contest !!)
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beer festival at Chesham this weekend if you're on the manor, Smiffy.

Train to Amersham via Aylesbury then tube to Chesham.

Jools