Friday, October 04, 2013

Unbelievable ???

OK ... as noted t'other night ... a new laptop is required, so Wednesday night saw me and Mrs S sloping off after tea for a bit of a shopping spree - a bit late but we knew PC World was open 'til 2000hrs.  In - checked out the display stuff - and hung around the Dell - because that's what I've been using since 2007-ish, and it's been brill.  Flunky said "I'll be with you in 5 mins - just dealing with another customer" - no sweat.  On arrival (about 1955), I said "I want that one" .............. he said "Oh it's out of stock" .....

....
....
....
....

"Great ... thanks ... goodnight"

Let's go back 6 weeks - small boy about to go off to college ... needs new pc - so Mrs S, large boy and small boy head off down to - you've guessed it - PC World.  Apparently they checked out what was on display, and found flunky and said "We want that one" .......... he said "Oh it's out of stock"

....
....
....
....

Oh it's a PC World shop selling PCs etc - wonder if they've got a computerised stock control system - which then enables them to put little stickers on the display models that say:

 

Obviously too bloody difficult

What can I say - apart from ... I hope this old bugger can hang in there this weekend - and then I WILL get a new Dell laptop ...

... but it won't be from PC bloody World ...
.

No comments: