Thursday, January 10, 2008

SNAFU @ Stalybridge Station

Well they promised us a working Train Information System in the New Year....so here's a working one from last week (Thursday if I remember rightly) ...



OK so the 1812 train to Huddersfield was running nigh on 20 minutes late - but hey, at least we knew....

Yesterday evening however...we had this (scuse blur - my sides were splitting at the time) ...





...and they want to spend still more money on this Station ?? Piss-ups and breweries come to mind...but if you're interested, have a look at


http://tameside-eye.blogspot.com/2008/01/stalybridge-train-station-upgrades.html


All I (and 101% of the rest of us "customers") want are reliable trains and reliable information - the above two pictures show that the British rail system seems incapable of providing both at the same time. (PS the system was still "down" today (morning and evening)). I was also told that Warrington's Info System was "down" yesterday - so my guess is that all Trans-Pennine "owned" stations Info Systems are run centrally - or should that be cocked up centrally ?


I wonder when John Major last caught a train - he certainly "left us a legacy" back in 1995 - what a tosser ! Never mind - a gleaming waiting room may be useful to lurk in whilst waiting for the "Godot Express" ("Trans-Pennine would like to apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused" ) - they don't give a toss - many moons ago they had one of these "Meet the Management" sessions @ Stalybridge, so I put my oar in about overcrowding on Trans-Pennine trains morning and evening - result - I still stand morning and evening - ergo they don't give a toss..

Just as long as they keep their bloody hands off the Buffet Bar - if that ends up like those two aberrations on Manc Piccadilly ......Frith help us. Should I get onto the shortcomings of Mossley station while I'm here ?? Better not - I'll only get even more depressed...

No comments: