Monday, January 14, 2008

Vince Brockie - in short...

....not worth wasting too many words on this - midway through first half - I'm behind the dug-outs - an offside fails to go the way of Harrogate. Mr Brockie unleashes a fusillade (!!) of expletives at the linesman - who tells him to shut up - nevertheless the good Mr Brockie continues.

I remark out loud, "You're a fine role model to these two young'uns" indicating the two 9/10 year old kids standing yards from me. He turned and replied to me in the same vein as he replied to the linesman - so loud in fact that the linesman turned around. I shouted to the linesman that it was me he was giving it out to, and not him.

Don't get me wrong - I'm no prude - but I did nothing wrong - as I said in an earlier post, Mr Brockie may have come across on the BBC as a nice chap in charge of the underdogs - but to me, he's just a foul-mouthed individual who obviously has trouble interpreting the phrase "role model".....now if the dug-outs were on the other side of the pitch ...........

No comments: