Friday, March 28, 2008

A Bit of Fun - before .....

.....here's the magic pic from Stalybridge Station this morning ...





...when I go to "holes in the wall" for cash - their 'downtime' tends to be betwixt 0200 and 0400 - unlike the railway system who decide to f**k it up during rush-hour..........

Enjoy the "ha ha" - I've done the football agonising last night - leaves one story that's still very near to my heart...

I'll leave you with this from earlier this month ...
.

http://sixtamesides.blogspot.com/2008/03/does-this-bring-tears-to-your-eyes.html
.

..there's much to go through today before I say my piece - Sophie's Mum in the MEN tonight - "... respect, compassion and tolerance ..." - what can anyone else say after that ?

I would have to promise to try and be as well-balanced as I can - I used the phrase "the bastards should swing" in the earlier thread - I need to think about that as well. Check out ..
.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1042847_guilty_verdict_in_sophie_killing
.

and the comments below the story - it's hard for those who write - it's hard for those who read ...

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings mike, megan my 12 year old grand-daughter was deeply moved by the sad tale of the goths that were attacked,we are both of the opinion the b******s should be given the birch "every anniversary"

Mike Smith said...

Ian

This one gets to me in so many ways - with my lad having his jaw broken in what I consider a similar kind of attack (only problem - no one up for witness - cus he's apparently a local "big boy") - never met me mind ..but big difference - my boy is alive though .....thank God

So hard - one minute I'm sooo angry ...then I'm crying my eyes out - and I don't know even these people - one minute I want to go into Bacup "a la Charles Bronson Vigilante Man" and seriously hurt people - next minute I need tissues to wipe my eyes.

God there's some serious sh*t in this country. "Daring to be Different" is sooooo dangerous - but what the hell is "diferent" ??