Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday ...

Just been on "BigBrother.com" - OK the sitemeter.com website - and it seems many people are expecting me to be at the Ashton v Matlock game tonight - I reckon it's something to do with online betting because people are "Googling" the Ashton game from France, Germany, Switzerland, Poland and Rumania - and getting this site - I kid you not !!!

It's Monday - it's ju-jitsu for the boy - and I'm the taxi ....yes I'd have probably chosen that game over the Curzon Ashton v Harrogate RA game (although Curzon could do Mossley a bit of a favour tonight ....) - I did see 25 minutes of the Birmingham v Newcastle game - well I'm used to watching bottom-of-the-table stuff !!!!!

So this week - down a league but up in the top 8 - we are mostly doing Glossop North End vs Newcastle Town tomorrow night - a train to Stalybridge and a 237 up and over the tops ... it'll be nice to see Newcastle again - we (Mossley) had some good tussles back in the North West Counties days - things I remember - like losing my wallet on the car park at Newcastle - and it being found and returned - John the secretary who used to get oatcakes for us when we went down - catching the train to Stoke, the bus to Newcastle and a walk down the Lyme Valley Way ... and stuff like that...

Watch it get frosted off !!!!

Good Friday - Mossley at Bradford PA with an evening KO - and yes it CAN be done by train - last train out of Bradford is at 2230, change at Huddersfield, getting us back to Mossley for 2347-ish ..... I now find myself thinking about doing an extra game as well - if we're going to West Yorkshire, the "train day return ticket to Marsden plus a West Yorkshire Bus & Rail Rover" option opens up the possibilities of Ossett Albion v Chorley in the afternoon - there's also this crazy streak inside me that's saying "Sheffield FC v Belper Town ???"

We shall see - I was hoping if I kept writing I may get tonight's scores - but it ain't happened ...

2155 - Update - the Ashton United v Matlock game never started !!! Floodlight/Power failure in the Hurst Cross region - wonder if any hot-footed it down to the Curzon game ??

2300 - Curzon beat Harrogate 1-0 - which certainly helps Mossley insofar as that's one game less in hand for them (Harrogate) - still two points ahead of us mind !!!

No comments: