Sunday, March 09, 2008

Crisis at Breadsall Priory ?

No no - the wedding went well - it was just this sight at the bar ...



So - a pint of Leffe it was instead..for the princely sum of £5-80 - I kid you not ...



Fortunately the free vino kicked in later (as did the poncy photgraphy !) ....



.. as did the half-time txt from Jules and the full-time call from Colin - a win at last for Mossley - what else could I do but carry on celebrating - although I did have to cut back to the keg Boddies at £2-85 as the night wore on and the free vino started to dry up.


A good day all round then - our very best goes to Amy and Andy - and the "wet men of Mossley" (yes I've seen the pix and vids on SJNR's site). This week (Tuesday) sees Stalybridge Celtic (anoth winner on Saturday against "bogey team" Workington) at home to Alfreton Town - assuming everything dries up there over the next 48 hours and we manage to avoid the winds, hurricanes, typhoons, tempests and general sh*te that is heading towards the South of England - hellfire I forgot - the "South of England" - this naturally makes it a crisis of Global Proportions if anywhere South of Watford cops for it (remember the "3mm of Snow Crisis" of 2003 - questions were asked in the House I believe !!) - bloomin' jessies ....remember ...THIS is a crisis ...



..not a bit of wind and rain ...

Going back to weddings - our oppo at work - Jonald - went off to China with his Chinese lady friend a couple of weeks ago - and returns to work tomorrow. Predictions have been made of him coming back "in the married state" (and maybe even bringing back the Mother-in-Law) - I had a txt yesterday from someone telling me it was all over Facebook as a done deal (don't know about the M-I-L though !). When I leave this - I'm going to have a look !!

No comments: