Thursday, July 24, 2008

England v Portugal - 24 hours late ...

.........thinking through - there's nowt from my second half at the Mossley game on Tuesday - bloody close season too much to squeeze in !) - good night at the England game last night - plenty of atmosphere - flags, face painting - and a crowd of over 600 - and we all saw England win 5-1 after going one down - pix at

http://mossleysmiffy.jalbum.net/EnglandPortugal/

..and here's the "tempter" - to drag you all in - whoo-ha-ha-ha .....



A very good night out indeed - hats off to Curzon Ashton w
ho did much of the stuff themselves (that means you Mr Galloway !!) - the FA may have been handing out the complimentaries, but I for one am really disappointed with the publicity machine behind this tourney - it could have been sooooooo much better - maybe when Ingerland get through the Group Stage into the knock-out (pretty much guaranteed after a 10-0 and a 5-1 !!!) it may well kick into action - especially with the use of Boundary Park (where England play Hungary on Saturday - and where one of the semi-finals - yes the one which WILL involve Ingerland - will take place) - one silly thing that stood out for me last night was when a member of the Hungary squad (who were there watching) came up to me and said "Excuse me - man toilet ??" - well his English is far far better than my Magyar !!! Naturally I directed him to the room where the ref left his clothes ... not !

Tuesday - Mossley - Hyde - well I did only get there at half-time - and I was playing with a new lens (not as good as hoped - blame it on lights !!) - here's a couple or three from that night where Mossley turned a 2-1 deficit into a 5-3 win




Liam



Darryl



Hyde's Lee Rick I believe - Aaron asked for this one !!!



Same as ....

- an altogether belting performance with a cameo "four goals in not very many minutes" by Danny Egan - the better stuff can/will be found on Aaron's site - not yet mind (skool hols as well - slacker !!!) but check out ...

http://www.mossleyweb.com/MwebFrameset0809.htm

for a few.....

Saturday will probably see me at Curzon again - for the France v Portugal game (avoiding the Ingerland hype @ Oldham - leave that to others ...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

better stuff will be found on my site when i get photoshop to work!

and thanks for the lee rick photo(s), lee said thanks!