Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Summer Football - HA !!

Well .... a balmy July evening in downtown Woodley - that's Woodley Stockport not the Reading version ... last night's "predicted" timetable worked well - the problems began for as the 330 bus left Hyde about 1925, and it started "spitting" - I got off @ Woodley precinct (under reconstruction) to be greeted by bloody monsoon conditions - it's a several minute walk from the "main road" through to the ground - all it took me to get p*ss wet through and panic about the water resistancy of my camera bag. Into ground (free) - into bar - get beer check gear - all OK. Started to dry self and went for a peep outside - they'd started somewhat earlier than 2000 - OK 15 minutes but ... the next 70 minutes were spent under the shed, out for a bit, getting wet, drying off a bit - then getting wetter than I was in the first place, whipping out the beer towel and generally doing all the stuff you're supposed to do between November and February - in the end I gave up (about 2115 - so about 10/15 minutes missed) - it was 1-1 when I left - the Duki Town equaliser was a screamer that I (+ camera) did NOT expect (a poor excuse for "I missed it !!").

Some pictures at ...

http://mossleysmiffy.jalbum.net/WoodleyDuki/



I got the 2130 back to Ashton - thence to Stalybridge Buffet Bar for a couple - then home - then here ....
.

No comments: