Sunday, July 06, 2008

Mossley Training Session @ Hollins School

You really think I went ???????????????????????????????????????????

Jeez - I know football may well be the drug to take over from Nick O'Tine - but .... a training session - on a skool pitch ??? Come on ...........

So I didn't - Mrs Smiffy went into darkest Manchester to meet friend - I hoovered (Dysoned ?) before heading the same way about two hours later (stops at the "Brit" in Mossley - Brakspears Bitter - and Stalybridge Buffet Bar - Copper Dragon Golden Pippin) - on a different tack however - my aim was to see the "mega-pic" in the Urbis Centre in Manc - 300 pics taken from the top of the Beetham Tower and "collaged" together on a wall @ Urbis - I got there - and it's roped off !!!! Some special gig tonight - probably in aid of the bloomin picture !! Anyway - best plug ... Aidan O'Rourke is the photographer - check out

http://www.eyeonmanchester.com/

I then had a wander round the Manga exhibition in very same building - having had kids in the Pokeman era - and one who still watches Akira as well ... me, I'm a Miyazaki man but - a well laid-out exhibition which I believe will be there until September - and yes it's free - and worth a look !!



Thence to the Royal Exchange to meet Mrs S and our mates from Rochdale (Penny & Paul) and watch "HayFever" - a Noel Coward play that was brill - very very funny - very well acted (the cast were all "into it" and it bounced off the audience really well - thoroughly recommended if you get the chance)

And my day's pictures - with the baby Fuji - are at ...............

http://mossleysmiffy.jalbum.net/InManchester/
.

No comments: