Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Great British Summer... NOT

As I sit here at 0025 - eek - listening to the rain hammering down outside - as it has on and off all bloody night - I panic - and this at pre-season friendly stage !! Already there is a post on the Mossley message board worrying about the game against Droylsden today (weather related post that is) - OK I won't be there myself (it's Belper Town v Hednesford Town for me) but when you're worrying about waterlogged pitches - IN JULY - something's horribly wrong .... and you can't blame the "credit-crunch" for it either !

Did I mention a possible new lens in the offing ?? I've blown some ciggy money on a 24-60 f2.8 - Sigma of course (cheapskate - or credit crunch watcher - you choose !) - gives the option of just standing close to the net (under cover ?) on a sh*tty wet July evening and getting some stuff like that - and if it's not up to footy it will at least replace at the 28-105 in my bag ! Must stop now - I'm quoting numbers and sounding geeky - anyone looked at http://www.graphjam.com - tis funny - I particularly like the "cake or death" and the "Beach Boys California Girls" graphs - who thinks of this stuff ?

.. and did I mention Todd Rundgren @ Manchester Academy in November ?? Tickets booked - naturally ..........
.

No comments: