Saturday, February 28, 2009

Work Crap - Nearly Forgot ... ho ho ...

Redundancy shit - continues - here's a laff - as part of the "consultation exercise" (lmao) the weekly meeting was arranged with "da management" and reps next Wednesday for 1400 - 1530 - it was later re-scheduled for 1600 - 1730 - i.e well outside core hours. I saw this as management taking this "consultation exercise" really really seriously - not - OK be blunt, they're taking the p*ss !! I immediately e-mailed the rest of the reps suggesting a "block decline" - only to be told "I've accepted" ... "I've accepted" ... "No problem with this - I'll stay till midnight" and other such sh*t. So there you have it - the management "try it on" - the reps "roll over and accept" - no doubt the next meeting will be held on a Saturday lunchtime and the reps will be falling over themselves to get into the building on time.

Me - bollocks to it - my resignation from both the Staff Forum and Union Rep is in the post. I've been emailing our Amicus/Unite rep this week to be met with .... Jack Sh*t ... last week when I was on holiday, one of the members got in touch with the union to be told "We'll get back to you" - they didn't ... they haven't - a waste of time (and nine quid a month by the looks of it).

Never mind - sometime next week someone will send me a letter that says "47" - my kick-out criteria total that means absolutely f*ck all as we are not allowed to see anyone else's scores - so why bother - the whole thing is a total charade put together by very clever people, who had they spent more time sorting out the Project Management f*ck ups from the previous regime - this whole sorry episode may never have happened. I may have said it before, but the incompetent bumblers have been replaced by hatchet men - and it's us buggers who have been doing their best - and those whose views/ideas/options have been consistently ignored by the pillocks in charge that have led to this - naturally those earlier "pillocks in charge" are now long gone ... but with damn site better pay-offs than us "low levellers" who are being sh*t on now - just think of that RBS b*stard Sir Fred Goodwin (even got a f*cking knighthoood !!!) - the price of failure is a £1898 per day pension - if I get the boot I get the Government statutory that's about £10,500 - little Freddie will get that in just over a week ....

It's like many people say these days - what is the point of being good, being honest, paying your way and paying your loans off - it's absolutely pointless - just get into the sh*t - and then beg for assistance - because assistance seems to arrive - at so many levels these days ... no doubt when I go to sign on I'll be treated like sh*t - just because I'm not a 17 year old one parent mother/father benefit scrounger ...

Happy weekend y'all ...
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid its just another hollow victory for capitalism as it dies a slow death. Well lets hope it's on it's way out,it's never done us any good has it? Only thelikes of Sir Fred RBS West or whatever he's called have benefitted.