Friday, November 04, 2011

You get a Saturday off work ...

... and you get this ...

Ashton United v Nantwich Town
Curzon Ashton v Belper Town (note 1400 KO)
Droylsden v Stalybridge Celtic
Hyde FC v Histon
Mossley - no game

Last time I had a Saturday off I made the most of it (heading down Cambridge way to watch Stalybridge Celtic at Histon) - obviously not much of a "travel option" tomorrow !

Logic would dictate the "big one" at the Butchers Arms to see if Droylsden can "up their game" and put a spanner in the Stalybridge works ... however personal reasons will be taking me down to the Tameside Stadium to see Curzon take on Mrs Smiffy's home town team - who I've not yet seen this season (back to the "Saturday off work" problem), so there's a few "Hellos" to be said to the Belper crew - in fact I'll be in Ashton centre at 1230 tomorrow to meet the "Southport Branch" off the train before a beer or two and a gentle stroll past Ikea !

Also in a fit of madness, I thought about possibly whizzing down to Droylsden for the second half due to the early kick-off at Curzon - however me and Mrs Smiffy are off out tomorrow night, so I shouldn't - really ...

... unless anyone can supply fast cars etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.

No comments: