Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Perils of "Not for Profit" Photography ...

I had a week off work back in early March - having just done the Oldham by-election stuff six weeks before (and earned a few extra bob). Went for a walk that week (here) and took new lens (my "by-election lens" - 85mm) out to play. As you can see from the pix on the walk I finished up at a local hostelry (!!) and took a pic of the handpumps. I'll be honest - I DID pass a hi-res copy of the same over to Richard at the Rising Sun saying "If it's any use ... etc" - and sure enough when the Rising Sun Beer Festival happened over August Bank Holiday - there it was on the flyers:



... and then - I spotted this in the "Around Saddleworth" magazine for October (scuse the crappy scan !):



... and then today - I was reading the local Manchester CAMRA "Opening Times" magazine and spotted this(OK - tis an advert for the "Rising Sun" but ...) :



Looks like it's one of those pictures that money could/should have been made out of !!!

... and if anyone out there has seen this same picture anywhere else - I'd love to know - because I do keep 'hard copies' of anything of mine that gets used "out there" in a portfolio sort of thing - you never know - some super-duper newspaper/publication might one day offer me a full-time snapper jobbie (a man can dream !)

(P.S. here's one of my other "Maybe I could make dosh out of this" pictures - what the hell - but it's so lo-res it's useless (?) to any thieving swines out there !!!!!!!):




Andy's Guitar - between sets !

.

No comments: