Friday, December 09, 2011

Football Tomorrow ?

Well the plan is (or was) Stockport County v Stalybridge Celtic in the FA Trophy - being the true "pro snapper" (!!) that I am, I felt it only wise to get in touch with Stockport vis-a-vis photo accreditation (thinking that you can't just turn up at a professionally-run ex-Football League club like Stockport). Sent them an e-mail on Monday evening asking for same, noting down my experience, recent newspaper exposure, Conference Photographer Licence holder for the last two seasons (they're not doing them this season for some reason !?!) , holder of £2million Public Liability Insurance etc etc...

No reply ...

So ... what to do ? Naturally the biggest "IF" is whether I finish work at a time to enable me to get to Stockport (because it's started to get a bit daft at work - "going postal" is the phrase !). Plus I (and Mrs Smiffy) are off to the theatre tomorrow night (no idea what we're watching mind !) ... it could get REALLY scary insofar as I have to drive to Stockport (no beer), blag my camera in, do football, drive back to Mossley (still no beer) and then catch train to Manchester (no beer on train) ... scary or what ??

If it all goes completely to c*ck - Mossley are at home to Clitheroe (aka "Pride of Lancashire") ... but having looked out of the window 20 minutes ago to see snow falling ... God knows ...
.

No comments: