Monday, December 05, 2011

Winter Draws On ...

... and thermal vests as well today - woke up to snow/hail on the ground - train to Greenfield was delayed, so had to catch the bus to work (in Uppermill this week). Riddle me this - a return ticket to Greenfield on the train (which then involves a 10 minute walk to Uppermill - no prob for a postie) costs £2-20. A single from Mossley to Uppermill on the bus costs £2-80 - hmmm ...

New walk today - and grim weather most of the day - so finished a "touch late" (!!!) - by the time I got home I was knackered. Found out that the Hyde FC v Eastwood Town game had been called ON (Hyde are 1-0 up as we speak - 2020hrs) but had already started cooking tea - and to be honest, having been cold and wet (and occasionally lost !) all day I just didn't fancy it - what a slacker !). I'm not holding out too much hope for Mossley's home game tomorrow either (but you never know).

Off to slouch/lounge/sleep in front of the telly now ...
.

No comments: