Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Screwed Over by Simon Carves ... AGAIN ...



... only a matter of time now (although Mrs Smiffy wants to turn to crime !) ...

Not content with making me redundant after 25 years - and paying out the Government Statutory Minimum Redundancy Payment ... I've now received a letter from the Simon Carves Pension Fund administrators (remember that the Pension Scheme was wound up/frozen a couple of years before I got the chop) telling me that the company has gone into administration - with the likelihood that the Pension Scheme will be going into the Pension Protection Fund - which (I believe) means I've immediately lost 10% of everything.


What the bastards have done is start up a new subsidiary of the evil Indian parent company - the press release quotes "All employees currently working for Cheadle-based Simon Carves Limited have been given the positive news they’d been hoping for today, that their jobs are safe. ". That's nice isn't it ?!? The press release goes on to say "PricewaterhouseCoopers will now seek to realise the remaining assets and carry out their statutory duties and review creditor claims. ". One sentence that hides a multitude of sins ...


Meanwhile the (-------- ----)** that caused this grief in the first place - name some names why not - Brian Waltmaier and Mark Leggett to name but two - walked away from the damage with nice hefty golden handshakes - and certainly in the case of one of them - off to nice new jobs and salaries.

Here's a quote from the LinkedIn website (check out
here for more info - note the dearth of words after the time at Simon Carves) ... "A successful, charismatic and inspiring leader with a track record of implementing substantial and complex organisational and business improvement. Proven analytical, strategic, operational and people skills with the ability to regenerate and motivate resources into winning teams and businesses". Give me time - and I could re-write that from the point-of-view of most of the poor bastards at the bottom of the heap ...

Suffice to say - I'm over the bloody moon at the moment ... and I'm going to take it out on some football tonight (Mossley v Ashton United in the Willow Wood Hospice Cup) - should take my mind off things for a few hours at least ...

**(EDITED - 1715 - 20th July 2011) - I've removed a couple of words - because you know what the supposed "rich and powerful" are like - always on the look-out to still further screw the masses. Suffice to say that if you're an crossword addict try:

MUST GIVE CHIN (anag) (8,4)

.

2 comments:

Trotsky said...

Capitalism playing it's usual game.
Time to start filling those milk bottles with petrol methinks....

Thomas the Tank said...

I'm glad I shifted my pension earlier this year from S-C, to the Railway Pension scheme, hopefully more ethical than Dixson, Bowdens and the bunch of tuncs that followed them.