Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday ....

....totally pants from start to finish !

In the words of any great blues guitarist ... "Woke up this morning ..." - working on the official duty sheet recieved on Saturday, I headed for Uppermill for a 0700 start - to find that it was all wrong ! "Come to Oldham" was the phone reply (luckily grabbed a lift off a van) to find myself with basically sod all to do. They found me a walk to prepare (1hr 15mins O/T) but after that .... "can you tidy up the DO ?" whihch involved putting perstops (plastic boxes which contain up to 250 letters) onto trolleys (they call them "Yorks") and then tidying up the outside - trolleys everywhere - bring 'em in and put them in the right place ... Come midday - some real posting work arrived(bits and bats - with a bit of walking in between !). Finished that - went home - started to prep tea (a proper roast beef dinner) to get it ready for 1815 hrs ... because I had a train to catch (1855) to get down to Ashton for the Curzon v Bamber Bridge game.

Meal - successful ... Train catch - successful. I'd checked on't'web that game was on - I'd checked on't'phone that game was on. Train - no probs and so started walking down towards the Tameside Stadium ... and when I got to within 500 yards of said ground - those flooodlights I had been faithfully following (it almost sounds religious !) went off ! Worked out immediately that the game was OFF - but carried on walking.

Had a miserable pint in the Curzon bar (with a few similarly miserable fans) before heading home - stopped off at Stalybridge Buffet Bar - tis quiz night on Mondays, and spent an hour helping out the "Bar Flies" before getting the next one back home - and now here - OK I had a couple in the "Brit" - and saw the comedy Oldham (or should I say Chesterfield) goal - it's football, if only for a few minutes ....

Going back to the work problem - it now probably works out that they don't know what to do with me this week (some call it a staffing "glitch" ... others have far for interesting words/phrases for the same - involving quotes involving phrase like "p*ss up"/"brewery"/"run a bath/one man bus"). Anyroad up I was told to take my "day off" tomorrow (Tues) ... as obviously due to the major staffing problem (!!) ... there's nowt for me to do tomorrow ...

.... and there's no more bloody football in the vicinity all week ... not well chuffed about today from start to finish ....
.

No comments: