Monday, January 02, 2012

Start the New Year ... at the Wrong End ...



Scott Spencer celebrates in front of the Hyde faithful after making it 2-0


... or Stalybridge Celtic 1 Hyde FC 3 !!

A well deserved win for the away team - keep playing like that and I can't see how they will NOT go up !

Another damp and dismal day for footballers, fans and photographers alike - my humble apologies to the Hyde fans for not giving each side 45 minutes of my time (although with my luck I'd have still been at the wrong end !) - I did expect more in the way of pro - and amateur - snappers to be there so ... I went the way of the home team - mistake in retrospect. A fairly even first half - but then Hyde simply ran away with it in the second 45 - seemed like they had 12/13 men on the pitch at times. OK you could argue one goal (cracker from Spencer) and two deflections against one (highly dubious) penalty, but you can take nothing away from that second half performance at all.

The (wrong end) pictures are now up at

Stalybridge Celtic 1 Hyde FC 3

Right - now time to get ready for another local derby - as in Curzon Ashton v Mossley - at least the weather has improved a bit !
.

No comments: