Monday, January 09, 2012

Monday Night ...

... I know Curzon are playing Droylsden tonight in the Manky Cup - but I'm not there ... saving my "night out" for the Mossley v Abbey Hey (again Manky Cup) tomorrow. Arsenal v Leeds ?? No ESPN in Chez Smiffy. However I AM getting regular updates from my good frien Nosmo - at the moment (2015 hrs) it's Ilkeston FC 2 Sheffield FC 1.



Last pic of Tissy - about 20 minutes before ...


Anyway - yesterday - death of cat ... I'll be honest I've never wanted animals in our house - from day one back in 198something. But ... it happens - stray cat turns up - kids (very young at the time) play and offer scraps ... and it's only a matter of time before the bugger moves in. Probably a couple of years old at the time - it happens. Went out for a bit of "retail therapy" yesterday afternoon (weather too poo for walkies) - in true varied style Mrs Smiffy got "Jane Eyre" and "Cranford" (DVDs) - I got "Best of Seasick Steve" (CD) - it helps ... now we're down to one - the young upstart called Berlioz (remember "Aristocats" ?)



"Newer Kid on the Block" - enjoying the bones from yesterday's roast shoulder of lamb ...


Enough of this for now ... football in just under 24 hours - praying for sensible weather (and ... at this moment in time I also have a "day off" on Wednesday - and no-one wants me to work it !!).
.

No comments: