Friday, February 15, 2013

72 Hours is a LONG TIME ....

... in "Royal Mail World" ... following the euphoria of Tuesday night at Mossley (OK maybe "euphoria" is a bit OTT - but it's a Cup Final - and it's at a half-decent ground as well - confirmed as Wednesday 27th March at Stockport County FC), it was a harsh harsh awakening on Wednesday !!!

It began with light snow as I got to work ... and it got heavier ... and heavier ... and started to stick - Wednesday's are usually a bugger of a day (all the internet orders from weekend kick in) - and as I plodded round with a shed load of parcels - with over a dozen being "sign-fors" as well ... the weather got progressively worse - snow, a biting wind, and more bloody snow.  By 1430hrs I was struggling with hands/fingers that were refusing to work etc etc.  Finished well over time (O/T booked mind !!) and went home to defrost - only to watch the heavy rain disperse all the bloody white stuff.  Thursday morning - no snow - a bit of rain - less wind - and the temperature positively tropical (OK 4C - but you know what I mean !).  Today  was eerily quiet as regards mail and parcels (just hope this doesn't mean "aaargh" for Saturday though) - so a decent finish time and "gloves off".  

Tonight sees me and Mrs Smiffy swanning of to Harvey Nichols in Manchester for their "Supper Club" offer - 3 course meal  for around £20 if I remember rightly (did it back in October 2011) - let's call it a late Valentines Day do ...

Tomorrow - with it being quiet at work today - I'm a touch nervous (!!!).  Also I'm in early doors (0630hrs) for a bit more overtime before heading home - and going up the road to watch Mossley v Wakefield - looking at Wakefield's position in the table, I'm tempted to plug in the 24-60mm lens and stand behind the goal for 90 minutes ... but that's probably tempting fate !!  I'll take it anyway - just in case !!

Off to shower and change - s'pose I'd better put some clean rags on ...
.

No comments: