Monday, April 08, 2013

And Tonight's BIG Result is ...

...  New Mills 3 Goole AFC 1 ...

which moves New Mills up to 3rd in the league - above Mossley on goal diff (but having played four games less) - bugger !

Other news .. the Doodson Cup Final (Curzon Ashton v North Ferriby United) is to be played at Farsley FC on 23rd April ... a night when there are 14 other Evo-Stik League games being played (plus a Walsall Senior Cup Semi-Final 'twixt Stafford Rangers and Brocton).  I suggest therefore not printing too many programmes ... I'd love to go but ... it is my wedding anniversary so ... maybe not !!!

Oh yes ... there was some football on telly tonight ...  and if I was to be so bold I would show you a message posted earlier on the 'Postman Pat Message Board'  (with certain thingies blanked out of course for your safety - or maybe my anonymity !!!)









On a lighter note - Margaret Thatcher is dead ...

On a heavier note - an  0630 start tomorrow - 3hrs.12 mins prep - 4hrs.48mins hours walk ... plus an extra 2hrs.30 mins hours half walk on top of that (someone's phoned in sick late today so they're panicking to cover)  Look on the bright side ... my tax code means I'll probably get about £3 more this week ... a shame I'm not earning over £150,000 per year, because then my tax would have gone down from 50% to 45% ... still we're all in this together aren't we ??

FOOTNOTE - much as I hate /hated Margaret Thatcher ... at least when she said "I'm going to screw you working class scum over" - she meant it and she did it - always respected her honesty.  Since then we've had liars from all so-called sides of politics - Tony Bliar duped all us Labour supporters in '97 by then re-designing "New Labour" in the style of "Old Tory" ... Clegg duped all the LibDem supporters not that long ago in the same style ... and Cameron tries to be Thatcher but talks the talk and then fails to deliver - (unlike postie me !!!)

Probably a good day to bury bad news ...
.

No comments: