Saturday, May 09, 2009

Upcoming Football ....

...yes there's still some knocking about ... Monday we have New Mills v Runcorn Linnets in the Vodkat (alright, North West Counties !) Cup Final @ Curzon Ashton ...

... but first a trip to Wembley on Sunday to see if Glossop can do the business against Whitley Bay in the FA Vase Final ... I asked - the FA said "certainly sir" - so I'm down there on Sunday with an official "photgraphers pass" to my name. Excited - you bet I am !

Saturday sees an evening trip to the Royal Exchange Theatre to see a bit of George Bernard Shaw in "Widowers' Houses" - weather permitting, maybe a walk before ? Naturally we are still awaiting the return of the trusty Astra (I might get another go in the Merc though on Sat !!) - maybe tomorrow (Saturday) maybe not - but it looks like I will be needing a taxi on Sunday morning to get to Stalybridge for the 0719 train to Manchester, thence to London, as daughter is popping home on Saturday which means Mrs Smiffy will probably not be able to give me a lift to Stalybridge on Sunday morn ... something to do with the words "red", "wine" and "sleep" !!!
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Mike, am I a bit thick or have you got a free ticket for Wembley?

Jools

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the day you certainly deserve it

Mike Smith said...

Cheers Ian - looking forward to seeing you guys next season - in't'big league (and in the Buffet Bar) ;-)