Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Day at the Olympics ...


















Oooh look - a "Mexican Wave" - tell-tale sign of boredom usually !!!

 
... a jolly day out at Old Trafford (with 66,211 others) to watch a couple of games - arriving a touch late (I missed the New Zealand opening goal) - blame public transport/security checks/me not catching the earlier train (!).  Once Egypt equalised they were definitely the better side.  NZ were hanging on at times, and the last five minutes or so was a comedy of missed chances by the Egyptians ... with almost a "smash and grab" by the All-Whites at the death - NZ should be happy with a point.  During the break between games I tried for food - and failed (although apparently they DID re-stock later, but it would have meant missing 15 minutes or so of the second game).  The second game - Belarus started the brighter and even took a shock lead - but then Brazil upped it a gear (although I don't think they got out of third gear all day) and two classy finishes - a Neymar free-kick and a third from Oscar (which came after a cute back heel from that man Neymar again) - saw the Brazilians run out comfortable winners.  Some pics from  Block W202 Row 4 Seat 250 at


After the game ... transport back into Manchester was a "bit of a problem" - so much so, that I reckon I'll give Wednesday's game a miss - don't fancy missing the last train home !!  ("20 Minute Later" Update - I must have been in "Stupid Mode" - the game kicks off at 1700hrs so it becomes more a question of when I finish work, get home get down town etc. - we'll see !)

Back to work tomorrow - hey ho ...and I might get round to those holiday snaps sometime this week as well ...
.

No comments: