Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Removing Foot from Mouth

Yeah I wandered up the road to Seel Park tonight - tried the door to the Social Club ... it was locked ...

Being the inquisitive one, I wandered round and peeped through the boardroom window to see ... action ! I went in and stood by the door ... and then it got hit by a bolt of lightning and all inside perished ...

OK the last bit is slightly "wrong" (!!!) but, I'll be honest, an interesting meet - I have to apologise to Mark Pocock (in fact I did it face to face as well !) - my post last night was a bit of a misunderstanding - tonight was a meet to elect the "12 Good Men/Women and True" rather than a meet of the first 12 to apply !!!

The "open" side of the meeting was constructive - and restrained - and then it was onto the "Here's 12 posts - hands up ..." - Chairman, Secretary, Financial Controller, PR, Ground/Facilities, Team Liaison and the like (yep no paper so I can't remember all posts!!). In addition there were peeps who offered their services "under each post" (sub-committees if you like) .. so it was in the end ... more than 12 that offered up (and for those who want to know, there were some of the "old school" as well as the "newbies").

Manager Chris Willcock and asst John Flanagan were there too ... and were naturally interested in the "way forward" (viz wots mi budget ?!?!) .. so it was decided to break the meeting and then re-convene with the "12 Good Men/Women and True" - so the rest of us went to the "Highland Laddie" and nattered a bit... met suitsusir (Kevin) as well as Mark P...

My angle on tonight's events - is definitely positive - we had none of last Wednesday's "borderline anarchy" (phrase courtesy SJNR !) and it was a lot more focussed with a bit of an agenda from Mark as well which kept stuff flowing / in order...

Fingers crossed the PR side of the committee will espouse later - might be an idea for them to set up a Mossley Forum user entitled "Big Cheese" of "Official Line" or something like that, in order to relay the "official line" - followed by the photocopied version of same line to distribute to the "over 50s pc non-savvy" and others by post etc etc ...

I came home feeling ... comfy ...so there !
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

Meeting was positive and I enjoyed our time in laddie. I used up all my brownie points for coming in close to midnight.

It was great putting faces to names,

All good,

Kevin