Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Woodley Sports v Colwyn Bay

Another outing in sub-zero temperatures for Smiffy - I suffered, the camera (and batteries !) suffered ... and in the end Colwyn Bay suffered a severe blow to their title aspirations. Some less than brilliant pictures at

Woodley Sports 3 Colwyn Bay 0

... a bit like the Bay defence, I seemed to find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, unlike Lancaster City ten days ago, Colwyn Bay did not "roll over and die" and the game was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests. Despite having a lot of the possession Bay failed to get past a resolute Woodley defence - with keeper Matt Towns making his debut - and were caught with three sucker punch goals - two of which came in the last five minutes. With Skelmersdale losing 4-0 at home to Radcliffe as well, the title race has well and truly opened up - and FC Halifax Town appear to be the main beneficiaries after last night - remember, Curzon Ashton still have a five point deduction hanging over them as well (to the best of my knowledge no date has yet been set for the appeal against this deduction).

Add to this a 20 minute delay in my last train home - and I guess I walked into the house about the same time as the Colwyn Bay fans got home ... roll on the spring !
.

No comments: