Friday, October 01, 2010

A Long Long Thursday ...

... in fact so long it's now Friday !!

Another heavy heavy day "at the frame" - we've had three different types of Sky Magazine this week - and a helluva lot of them as well !! And that's just one of the many heavy-ish catalogue-type efforts that have ruined my life this week (others include Screwfix, Caravan Club and National Trust) - just for fun, here's a sneaky pic from my cameraphone earlier today - and this ain't the completed frame either - I shoved a load more Sky Mags in, just to get rid of the nasty pile building up underneath !!!
607 residences and one business for anyone who's interested ...



Needed to finish "on time-ish" as we were out in Manchester early evening for meal followed by theatre ("Doctor Faustus" by Christopher Marlowe at the Royal Exchange). A quick pic of the rather spartan set ...



Like they say - definitely a poor man's Shakespeare was Mr Marlowe (dare I say he tends to over-soliloquise !) - but good enough for a Thursday night. When Mrs Smiffy told me the basic story (selling soul to devil etc), all I could think about was Robert Johnson at the crossroads !! Apparently it's a recurring theme so ...

Making sure of the early-ish finish has unfortunately left me with a truckload of stuff to get out tomorrow - can't leave it until Saturday because it's my "day off" - as is Monday (at last another "long weekend" !!!) - so in early with a poss late finish (weather is meant to be a bit grim too - aargh !). One of the big problems are the "Special Delivery" items which need to be delivered - or attempted to be delivered - before 1300hrs - I had a couple today towards the end of my walk, which entails the "jigging stuff about", leaving it as late as you dare (!) - and a lot of what is called "dead walking" - walking for 15 minutes to get to the addresses and then walking 15 minutes back to continue where you left off - can be a real pain. Same happened on Wednesday as well !

Definitely a quiet night in tomorrow - being posh (of course !) I've just taken a pheasant (bought off Mossley Farmer's Market about a month ago) out of the freezer to defrost - I'm getting red wine and winter vegetables in a big pot ... if it's any good, I might take advantage of said Farmer's Market again - first time I've tried it (there was some nice looking quail and venison there as well).


Until tomorrow ...
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need to get one of them trolly things, all the posties have em here in sunny denton mike

dydo