Monday, March 23, 2009

Surely you weren't expecting .....

... something/anything tonight - were you ? (Spot the Todd Rundgren verbose .... !!!)

Curzon have beaten Salford City 2-1 - which knocks back the Salford "We're gonna stay up after beating Harrogate on Saturday" plan big style - no goals from "Fossie" tonight ....

Some interesting meetings @ work involving "Who's gonna do this - who's gonna do that - in addition to your own job natch !" - some serious "doubling up" to be done in the Computer Department - and naturally some totally inept performances from the HR Department (yes - surely the ultimate "p*ss up in a brewery" department - I've mentioned it before - really - now - I make no bones about it !) ... those with the "thumbs down" letters were given a suitably vague scenario which many saw as "don't bother turning up this week" - and others saw as "they're stealing ten days pay off us - so I'm turning up" - total bloody chaos - but totally typical ....and at 1700 tonight still officially unresolved ..what can you say ?? I'm a "lucky one" - but I just can't believe how crass this whole "exercise" has been even before the "sh*t hit the fan" - and this total insensitivity continues effortlessly into the "nasty bits" - as someone outside our place said to me tonight "It all went to sh*t when Personnel was replaced by Human Resources" ... I tend to concur .. I reckon some people in our HR would struggle to spell Personnel anyway .........

Still football tomorrow - somewhere

.


1 comment:

Nortoner said...

Good to hear you're "Safe" mate.....

It's tough times for all - we just got rid of 9 shop floor workers and 2 staff. It's not a great feeling having to tell someone "We don't want you anymore" as I had to do last week.

I plan to retire in January 2010 - question is - will the company still be here then!

Keep fighting the fight buddy!