Friday, June 11, 2010

24 Hours ...



... is a long time in "jobhunt world" ... from those "heady moments" of Wednesday, I now find myself in "Black Friday" mode ... yep yesterday afternoon's IT job interview has gone thumbs down/pear-shaped as well. It looks like the Gods of IT are telling me "Forget it mate - too old and not up-to-date enough with your skills" ...

Looks like we're banking on t'other (non-IT) one for now - not sure what all the "checks" are, but as far as I know I'm not a criminal, I've got two legs and no (apparent) disability ... so ... we wait on. Meanwhile I believe there's some called the "World Cup" starting today - and in true "timing fashion", we're off to the Yorky Dales tonight for a weekend under canvas (well nylony-type stuff really !!) - nearest pub is apparently 5 miles away - so Saturday night, after a good long day walk, might involve a good long night walk (it's either that or a wind-up radio - or a peep through a caravan window !!!!! ... away again next weekend - but Friday night's Ingerrlandd game is a go-er in Mossley - phew !!

Back Sunday ...
.

No comments: