Saturday, April 14, 2012

Just a 'hint' of Football ...

... and while it was "live", it was in HD ! As part of today's "Overtime Grabbing Session" I had to deliver to the "Railway" pub in Greenfield ... and I got there just in time to see Jelavic put Everton 1-0 up. Many hours later I discovered that t'other team had won the game 2-1. So ... late arrival home, so I decided not to bother rushing for what would have been 20 minutes (max) at either Stalybridge or Curzon Ashton. Instead I took my football admission fee down to the Turf Accountants (I LOVE that phrase - far posher than "bookies") and laid out some pennies on the obvious horse connected with work ...



... suffice to say ... "It didn't deliver" (although it lasted longer than most before pulling up).

It's definitely weird not to be @ football on a Saturday during the season - but think of the money (4.5 hrs overtime - less tax - less that tenner on the nag !!). Mrs Smiffy still away, so that gives me free rein on "Match of the Day" tonight - get a chance to see Man City's half-a-dozen against Delia Smith's Finest !! Belper Town scored 6 (six) as well today in their quest for a play-off place (that's 13 wins and 1 draw in their last 14 !) - it's getting rather tight at the top of the Evo-Stik 1st South Division. Wins for Hyde, and both Ashton teams today ...losses for Stalybridge and Droylsden ...

Until the footy then ... I'll continue my quest for Finnish Folk/Death Metal Music - up to now we have tracks from Korpiklaani, Ensiferum and Finntroll - need to check out Wintersun and Moonsorrow next ...
.

No comments: