Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ashton United v Rochdale

... friendlies pretty much over now - but last night was a good test for Ashton United and despite losing 1-0 they gave a very good account of themselves.  I think I mentioned after the Curzon game that a few tweaks might improve the team ... and it looks like Danny J (Ashton boss) is heeding my advice (!!!!!!!!)  Looking very tidy at the back - and there's bags of promise up front ( I reckon the re-signing of Ben Deegan is a master stroke) - add to that some "tigerishness" (is that a word ?) in midfield (Burke, Kosylo), and there's something there for the 2012/13 season.  A few pics from last night at


Hyde FC kick off their Blue Square Prem home season tonight against Barrow - seems they're going for the segregation option as well - some "miffed peeps" on their message board, but I see it as a "test run" for the Luton game on Friday night.  I'm sure Barrow won't bring that many down tonight, so it'll be a useful "run out" for the off-pitch people.  All the best for tonight from me - I won't be there - but will hopefully get down on Friday for the Luton game (anything to get my head on TV - even if it's a "minority channel" !!).
.


No comments: