Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Work Stops Play ...

...well mostly - when the e-mail server goes "pop" shortly after a big flash of lightning and a big crack of thunder at approx 1655 .. you think "bugger" - although the weather was seriously putting me off any form of football tonight anyway (I recall last season's first friendly @ Woodley - it hammered it down and I left early). Then when some dozy git turns up with a printing problem - allegedly (further investigation found that "said report" worked fine last month .. but someone (viz dozy git) "made some design changes" - naturally without testing said changes - before the urgent/desperate/lastminute.com effort tonight). Always thought that was why Computer Departments existed - to keep the "enthusiastic amateurs" out of the bloody picture. Not at our place though - so many times I get the "Can you sort this ?" .. this being something that someone outside the department has "written" .. often something that someone "wrote" before buggering off elsewhere for an extra quid an hour and leaving said department in the mire .... and me with extra work ...

OK I got to watch part 2 of the new Torchwood five-parter (pentogy ??) - gonna miss tomorrow (I-Player later ?) as we're off to the Royal Exchange Theatre to see "Everybody Loves a Winner" - and I believe we get to play a real Bingo game in part two !!!

Some good (football) news from Stafford Rangers though...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8138923.stm

... fingers crossed for the many others "in the sh*t" ...
.

No comments: