Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Been Quiet eh ?

... for a couple of days - big computer looking a little more healthy - although I'm now in a position to do everything on this laptop. Good to see Ashton United stopping the rot last night with a good thumping of AFC Kirkham and Fylde and Wesham. Bad to see Curzon losing in extra-time against Skelmersdale - buggered my chance of a Curzon v Belper semi-final. However .... very good to see the Belper Town board turning down Eastwood Town's "offer" for Lee Stevenson - I'm of the belief that all this uncertainty affected the whole team in their capitulation against Lincoln United last Saturday. Now it's all done and dusted they can take one step closer to Pride Park/Saltergate/Somewhere in Derbyshire by beating Glapwell tonight - who in fact beat Glossop in the previous round thus buggering my chance of a Glossop v Belper quarter-final (all part of a conspiracy to keep Belper away from the Manchester area I believe !)

Tonight - hopefully - it's Salford City v Mossley - heard nowt to the contrary at the moment, but Woodley Sports v Vauxhall Motors is alway a banker - or maybe Oldham Athletic Ressies v Preston North End Ressies @ Stalybridge Celtic. Weather looking OK for now however ...see what we can do with the lens tonight - looking for an improvement on Saturday (then again I'm always a little "intimidated" in the presence of "Sir Timbo of the Lens" (Belper snapper - he taught me all I know - I must have forgotten most of it on Saturday !!).

Jobs - I may have dropped a clanger today - but there's one good looking jobbie in Oldham to form-fill tomorrow - fingers etc suitably crossed.
.

No comments: