Thursday, December 03, 2009

Looking to the Weekend ...

... and I'm afraid Bamber Bridge v Mossley is a "no-go" due to family/friend requirements early evening on Saturday - so it's a trip to Bower Fold to see Stalybridge Celtic "wreak a local revenge" on Ilkeston Taarn - maybe. It also gives me a chance to meet the "Ilson train boys" in the Buffet Bar pre-match ... and tempt them up to the Hare and Hounds for a pint of Black Sheep as well !!

Today's job hunt - two applied for - no knock-backs - although with so many on-line" applications going in over the last week or so, it seems that if you've heard nowt within 3 or 4 days you should consider that a "knock back" - as I said earlier this week the whole jobsite/recruiter "thing" is not the greatest method - and as I also said - there is an "article" being put together on this subject - as well as the basic "I've been Cheated over my Working Life" article which is turning into a seven parter at the moment .... furthermore I'm now getting plenty of e-mails in the style of "Get Yourself a Job - Give Us Money and We'll Improve Your CV" offers, and "Why Not Retrain and Get a Job in IT ... but Give Us Money First" options ... hmmm...

Tonight me and Mrs Smiffy met up with the Northumberland Branch of the Mossley Supporters Clubs (Lynn and Andy moved up there a few weeks ago, but were down for the night) - curry and beer were the order of the day/night.

Let's see what Friday brings ....
.

No comments: