Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Right Grueller !! Then Curzon/Clitheroe ...

The immortal 0615 phone call came through - man gone sick, can you get in for 0700, do three hours prepping, then a walk you've never done before - not forgetting that half-walk you're doing on overtime ... cutting it short I finally dropped my final letter at about 1705hrs ... yep about 7 (seven) hours walking; a lot of it in that fine miserable drizzle ... what people have to do to earn a crust !!! Must admit I'm astonished at the number of "man sick" stories - it's all these young 'uns (right bunch of wimps - or lead swingers - you choose ...) especially as I can stand/sit on my high horse as since June 2010, my attendance record has been 100% - counts for nowt probably but makes me feel good !

Home - dry off - change - eat cheese & ham butty before shooting off to Curzon Ashton for the game against Clitheroe - and the away team caught everybody cold with a first minute goal - yeah, me still plumbing the gear in - still, Curzon showed why they're up there at the top by coming out 2-1 winners, which puts them two points clear of AFC Fylde at the top of Evo One North - with a game in hand as well.

Too late to go through the full set of pix (I'm on a similar daft o'clock start tomorrow - but only one walk - and now I've done it once ... etc etc ...), so you'll have to wait until Tuesday evening for the full set ... HOWEVER, being the nice person I am - here's Chris McDonagh scoring the winner tonight ...




2-1 Curzon !!!

That nice relaxing Sunday - straight out of the window in less than 24 hours ...
.

No comments: