Thursday, February 09, 2012

Thursday Catch-Up - Not so Ouch but ...

... well I did what every sensible person does - no, not a trip to the Doctors - I'm so 21st Century me !! A quick Google on "bruised calf muscle" and that told me everything I needed to know (eat your heart out NHS Direct !!). It appears to be a "Grade 1 Muscle Contusion" - I know it's Grade 1 because I passed the 'tiptoe test' (as in if you can stand on your tiptoes without going "AAAARGH !", it's classed as Grade 1). Remedy was 2-3 weeks rest (although I think this actually applies to athletes !) and lots of RICE (as in Rest Ice Compression Elevation) - myself I actually prefer PASTA (Prolong Agony Saving Time Anyway) - although I did go for the Elevation on Tuesday night knowing full well the Ice would kick in on Wednesday morning - as in bloody cold outside !

Can feel a slight improvement over the days - but with me not being the "21st Century Wimp" (i.e. work through it) it might take a while - still the leg hasn't dropped off yet. Wednesday was bad underfoot - but today was actually worse, what with the last couple of days being 'melt a bit and then freeze again overnight' - end up walking on very awkward lumpy chunks of ice. Still ... job done - money in bank (not that namby pamby sick pay stuff either).

Other news - apparently the FA Cup is up on display in Mossley Social Club tonight - well that was well advertised - NOT (I only found out when I got home from work) - no doubt the idea is for the FA to make a few bob allowing peeps to be photographed with it - helps to pay for New Wembley I suppose. I'll give it a miss (in the midst of cooking a rich winter beef casserole anyway !), because if I turn up with a camera, no doubt there'll be rather large security guards barring my view (ever the cycnic - but I believe that's the norm).

As you probably know, our old cat finally met its maker a few weeks ago - which put us down to one cat (young Berlioz). However ... for the last couple of months there's been (you guessed it) a stray cat knocking about on our street and (you guessed) it's had the odd meal at our place. It now seems to be getting comfy in our kitchen !!!




Known as "Pirate Cat" ...

Just looked outside ... no snow yet !!!
.

No comments: