Friday, March 25, 2011

Here Comes the Weekend ...



What to expect in London tomorrow ?? Maybe not ...


A couple of fairly "heavy days" at work (Thursday and today) and this is the time when many people say "TGIF" - I'll say it - but there's one more day of work to go before I can say "TGISA" !!!

Going to be a funny old day tomorrow - only available football to be honest is Ashton United v Retford Town - which is kicking off at 1300 hrs due to some (to me anyway) misplaced idea that EVERYONE wants to watch the Wales v England game at 1500hrs. OK I'll watch it - but I'll be rushing round tomorrow morning in the hope that I can get the majority of the Ashton game in first ...

Going to be a quiet weekend here at "Maison Smiffy" - Mrs Smiffy and daughter are, as we "speak", on their way to London to stay with mates before heading into the city to join the "anti-cuts demo" - were I not working I'd be there too. It would be nice (ha !) to see this "pseudo Government" to look long and hard at the diverse cross-section of people who will be marching tomorrow - but no doubt their eyes will be focussed on the tiny tiny minority of the "usual suspects" - and they'll be hoping the the damage etc that these balloons cause will help to deflect from the main attraction (and keep the Mail/Express-reading 'holier than thou' zealots happy !). Worth mentioning that these people will be marching in support of the police as well - so hopefully (again !) the (on-duty) boys and girls from the Met will be taking note (especially as many off-duty bobbies will be on the march). I did mention "kettling" to Mrs Smiffy - but she does understand that this does not refer to a nice cuppa at the Ceylon Tea Centre in Regent Street !!

So - in her absence - DragonForce is blasting out as I pen these notes (to be followed by some Power Quest !) - and if they don't return on Saturday night I might well get up dead early on Sunday and take big (170-500) lens out to get some "sunrise" photos of Oldham, Manchester and beyond from the top of the hill near us (a place called Hartshead Pike) - been wanting to do this for a while ... and the weather forecast looks promising as well !

Enough for now ... for those interested here's some Power Quest for you to get your head round ...



As I said on here many years ago (August 29th 2007 to be exact !) - DragonForce go into battle with a "Grrr" on their face - Power Quest go into battle with a smile and a cheery dispostion !!!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of the 'Kindiverse'? I'd be intrigued enough to stick my head in! Ha... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIbIeJY-xU just read your latest post and thought i'd share as it's 'on-topic'! Alex