Thursday, March 31, 2011

Enough is Enough - Time to "Close Down" ...



I knew it would happen sometime ... and after a particularly heavy day at work and some good work in the kitchen (a nice fish pie !), I think now is the hour/day/week/month/year ... have to admit I've thought about it for a while - felt the whole blog was getting a bit "stale" - just work/football/work/football - and some of the original freshness seems to have gone out of the whole thing - maybe it's the change of job (which has certainly made new demands on both time and energy - and weekend options !) - maybe it's the perilous season that Mossley are having - maybe this particular format has just run its course and it IS just time to call it a day. Think back a couple of weeks - I put on a post entitled "Bloggers Block" - it has started to get like at times ... even when I look at some of the football photos I've done recently I feel it's starting to get a bit 'samey' - possibly a little self-critical I must admit, but that's certainly been the feeling - a "chore" rather than anything else ...

Still I mustn't complain - it's been fun over the last four and a bit years - made a few friends (and a few enemies as well !!) - as an outlet, it kept me going a bit during the dark days of job uncertainty and eventual redundancy (even if it was a bit "angry" and yet self-pitying at times) - and I'd like to think that you the viewers (nearly 98,000) both old and new have got something out of it - or found something interesting occasionally - a half-decent piccie for example ...

... as I said on August 5th 2006 - "I name this blog "Six Tame Sides" - God help all who sail in her ..." - I reckon we've reached our final destination. Hope you all enjoyed it - I might be back later ... you never know, a bit of 'time off' might help to re-charge the "blog batteries" a bit. I still retain "first dibs" on the phrase "Six Tame Sides" though (the domain name www.sixtamesides.co.uk is mine as well so hands off !!)

Cheerio for now - and look out for me at the football (I'll be the one with a camera on a stick !) ...

Smiffy
xx

(P.S. as a final "hurrah" - check out this link - "The Miracle of Moor Lane" - it's rather good !)
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing to do with the date Smiffy?...

Anonymous said...

There's lots of truth in your post mike i.e. the crap Lilywhites season

Jools