Thursday, March 03, 2011

It was 25 Years Ago ...

... this week - when me and Mrs Smiffy made the front page of the "Mossley & Saddleworth Reporter" (you'll have to excuse the cr*p quality of the scan - it's come via microfilm - yes that aged format - from Ashton Reference Library - a double-click - and some "Ctrl+" should bump it up and make it more readable ...)




I'd been watching Atherton LR earlier in the afternoon before driving home, picking up Mrs (pregnant) Smiffy (and a lemon meringue pie) and heading over to Rochdale. Got to Rochdale eventually - but not via the approved route - and in a different vehicle (the lemon meringue pie was on the back seat of the car - don't know what happened to that) !!! Food for thought - probably the day I used up all my life's good luck ... however three months later I was back at work - and our Michelle arrived - none the worse for her pre-birth "ordeal" ...

Day off today - I've done what all posties (allegedly) do - been for a walk - some piccies later ...
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell, Mike. A new Strada for only £99 deposit! Who would have belived it?

Jools