Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Curzon Ashton v Matlock Town

OK that was tonight ... but I do have to mention the events of 24 hours earlier when I eschewed the Nantwich v AFC Fylde game (transport problems - see earlier), the Mossley AFC "Presidents Lunch" (already offered a match ball sponsorship - which was confirmed via moby whilst on my way to Frickley on Saturday !) - so I went for the Stalybridge Celtic Sponsored Beer Walk - a grand day out .. although I "dipped out" with one pub to go as I was rather "full" (too many "fizz pubs" for my liking !!!) They reckon over a grand raised .. and with Chairman Rob Gorski matching pound for pound, that's a tidy chunk in Steve Burr's "treasure chest" for a 7 hour jaunt ! Watch out for the next fundraiser there ....

Monday morning - 0630 - yes a touch "rough" - but we've all been there - some phone in sick (eeeeh the youngsters of today !!), but some get on with it - so I did. Tonight - after a fine piece of peppered steak in a muffin - I wandered down to the Tameside Stadium to see Curzon Ashton take on Matlock Town from the league above - Matlock were a few players short, but for the first 20 minutes or so were well on top, taking the lead via former Belper Town striker Ross Hannah - then Curzon kicked in/woke up .. and Matlock just couldn't handle it - two from the prolific Michael Norton and one from ex-Mossley's Daryl Weston - all past ex-Stalybridge Celtic's Nick Buxton. The second half was more gentle .. and 3-1 it finished. Some piccies to be found at

Curzon Ashton 3 Matlock Town 1

Still having my crisis of confidence re pictures - yes Ken, I may be a little self-critical, but hopefully 'twill spur me on to greater things once the "real thing" begins in a couple of weeks. Until then - some more friendlies to do - starting with Glossop v Mossley on Tuesday night - when I can finally "hand over the disk" (stuff from FA Vase Final !).

One point from tonight - IT DIDN'T RAIN .. until I was walking up the street to "our house" !!

Until tomorrow - eek today - eek 18 hours time ... wonder how the Staff Forum went at work - in true "our place" fashion they arranged it for 1630 tonight - a truly caring company - ha ! In fact when I stop wobbling on here, I'll have a quick peep at my works e-mail - just to see if anything has turned up to greet most people in the morning ... I may be back, but assume no news is ... just no news (certainly won't be any good news will it ?)
.

No comments: