Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Redundancy Countdown #1

At home - yep had a quick one in the "Penny Black" before the train - Greene King IPA for those interested @ £1-75 (!) Home via Buffet Bar and a quickie in the Brit - read letter - pretty much the same letter as February - just changed the date at the top - have replied to HR via Webmail pointing out that I feel I cannot return the compliment to the phrase "Thank you for your support during what I appreciate is a very difficult time" - could you ??? At least in February we all had a sporting chance - but when your job title ain't on the org chart the complete "at risk"/"30 day consultation period" charade does become totally meaningless. To add insult to injury I was approached this afternoon by an (obviously safe) "management person" ref setting up a new database to sort out "some stuff" - yeah right ... my initial retort was "Have you confused me with someone who DOES give a f**k ?) However I've started it (pro to the end !!). Naturally there is the "right of appeal" - reckon I'll do that anyway if only to p*ss people off and point out certain things ... meanwhile a useful link for other potential "dolescum" is this ...

Work out how little they value you ..

... yep 24 years LOYAL SERVICE gives me a lot less than ten grand - because we know that we will only get the statutory - because .....(I could put all sorts of stuff in here but I'll leave it - for now).

Into work tomorrow ?? Might as well - I've got a weekly rail ticket - would be a shame to waste it ...

Photos ?? Can't be *rsed ...yet
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the work situation hope all works out well for you in the future

Mike Smith said...

Cheers Ian - that "right of appeal" looks like the next option ..

Gre said...

B***ards!
Very sorry to hear this news Smiffy. Best wishes and hope all goes well in the future.