Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A "miserable" Tuesday ...

... sitting down finally at nearly ten o'clock - the Twitter network has kept me up to speed on Mossley's 'dismal' 2-0 defeat @ Ossett tonight - a txt has just arrived saying ".. absolutely sh*te can I cum belper wiv u on sat" (sic)

Work ... well still no communication of any kind from the so-called management, ergo still in "limbo" - boss has been off sick Mon/Tue - probably the reason why no comms, because the ********************* that are in so-called "charge" in this company seem to be afraid to actually do anything without going through my boss (they seem to be totally afraid of talking to me eye-to-eye - it's cowardice really) - despite the fact that they are f*cking him off as well as me - always the case is "we're waiting for info/decisions from India" - however it's always us that have to ask - the UK end seem to be criminally lacking in any sort of communication skills - never mind, blame India ...

I guess my miserable persona seemed to come through last night as well - despite Curzon's cracking win, I was disappointed with "my lot" - even so, thanks for the messages of support/encouragement (Steve and Ken) - it's probably just one of those old-fashioned things that many people today cannot get their heads around. I like to do a good pro jobbie - whether it's sorting out a database at work, taking a set of decent football/walking pix, or like tonight - cooking a belting meal for four (which I did - and I was happy with it - and the cider & mustard sauce was spot on !). Maybe not enough people these days are as self-critical as me - the new age 21st century "blame culture" is something that I DO NOT subscribe to - if I f*ck up/fail to deliver - it's MY fault, and I'm not scared to hold up my hands - unlike so many people these days.

Maybe I am getting old - maybe my view on life, the universe and everything is starting to become a minority view. I think what p*sses me off more than anything is that the "alternative view" seems to get more credence, when to me that very same "alternative view" is directly to blame for so much that is wrong with this country - the reason why we're in this recession - the reason why so many people of my age who've "done right" for so many years are now being sh*t on.

Still tomorrow = Wednesday - Mrs Smiffy is off to London on a course (I need to check out whether there's any local-ish footy to try out - punishment for last night's poor pix - I have the car as well so ... maybe) ... oh and "work" as well .... ha !
.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I don't know, one post on here and this redundancy thing is contagious. I have my first "consultation" this evening. 1 person from my office, given that there are only 2 of us it makes it interesting. Thing is it's so busy I'm already doing 10.5 hours a day - can't work it out at all.

Mike Smith said...

Crazy ... but true !