Thursday, September 03, 2009

"None the Effing Wiser"

OK - meeting @ 0830 - good ol' Northern Rail contrive to make the 0724 train 25+ minutes later - so we all dash for the "little 354 bus" that gets you into Stalybridge just in time to miss the Piccadilly train - which fortunately was 6 minutes late so ... success, and the 0804 to Cheadle Hulme was successfully caught as well. Arrive a couple of minutes late - to find the meet has been put back to 1430 - un-effing-believable ....

Then .. the 0900 video conference with the "boys from India" finally got underway at 0950 (they'd all buggered off to lunch - so why arrange a conference at 0900 our time - yep total "heads of dick" really ) - 60 minutes later they said "thanx - tara" (or words to that effect) - either they were so overwhelmed by the scope of said system - or they didn't really give a toss anyway ....

Still work to do (including setting up stuff for two new starters - honest !!!!!) ... laughable but true ... and the 1430 meet finally took place @ 1445. All I found out was my final redundancy payment (already worked that out myself) and the number of weeks notice (already worked that out myself) ... still no "final date" - or whether PILON (payment in lieu of notice for those who don't know !) - or whether work my notice ... what a joke. Have to be honest mind - my interviewer (who was troubled by my "attitude" @ first meeting) seemed more "human" this time around - he was almost as peed off as I was !! So - the uncertainty continues .. I pointed out that I WILL appeal (see "handover notes stuff" from last night) - if all 70+ of us appeal, we'd probably find that a good percentage have valid cases - but none of us can do owt until we get our "letters of doom".

Also heard today that one of our crew who re-located to the new Abu Dhabi office with wife and family about 12 months back was given his notice a couple of days ago as well - I moan about my situation, but that is a real p*sser don't you think ???

Simon Carves/Punj Lloyd - just don't go there ...
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike
Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope things work out OK though.
Mike Deacon