Monday, September 28, 2009

RIP Geoff

I'm awfully late with this one - for that I apologise - but I had to check stuff - last Wednesday I arrived at Stalybridge Buffet Bar to see this outside ...



I was told that someone had died and the relatives felt it more appropriate to leave this wreath (see the GWR) outside the Buffet Bar rather than at the graveside. It was only later in the week that I found out it was Geoff (commonly - and incorrectly - known as Keith) had died - must have been a train spotter as well, but I knew him as a "Bus Collector/Ticker" - he'd go here and there in the north just to "clock" that missing bus in his "collection" - and he was famous for standing at the bar with his "half" - someone would tell a joke or say something funny - and he'd always have a mouthful of of his beer which sprayed all over the place !!! Sad to see another 'Buffet Bar Face' go - and he went quietly as well. Just hope he finds some form of transport to "tick" upstairs ... also it's really good to point out that even tonight the wreath remains in the same place outside the bar - untouched - respect has been given by all punters over the last 5 days - nice...
.

No comments: