Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Wednesday ...

... an interesting day indeed. Spent the morning chasing round Salford/Walkden with "small boy" sorting out some further education - success - he's now on a course doing something he's interested in (Animal Care/Management) - no thanks to our local 6th Form College in Ashton who 24 hours earlier had suggested a daily commute to Reaseheath College - in Nantwich (check it out - 4+ hours a day travel - laughable) !!!

Made it to 'work' for lunchtime - my "second redundancy consultation interview" (viz the second "going through the motions interview") is now set for 0830 tomorrow morning - my train gets me in for 0825 so I should make it - but to me it's just another episode in the "We'll make it hard for you because we don't really give a toss" saga.


And guess what ?? I've been asked to put together some "handover notes" - you know, from my "non-existent job"... The phrase was "I know where you're coming from, but you wouldn't sh*t on your mates would you ??". And I'm sure that "da management" are thinking EXACTLY the same thing - that appeal sounds all the more tempting/relevant doesn't it ?? Especially as shortly after that pointless interview I have to go into a demo of our Business Management System to 'our glorious leaders' in India. I reckon they think it's a little spreadsheet system - when WE know it's our fundamental Financial/Invoicing and Time Reporting system - I know that Oracle database backwards - no bugger else does - that appeal sounds all the more tempting/relevant doesn't it ??

There are some other "irons in the fire" as well here - but I'll tell you now - they do not involve UNITE the Union - they were next to useless during our redundancy "exercise" back in February this year - so much so that I resigned as Union rep - and I'm led to believe from others who've been in contact this time around that they are similarly "less than forthcoming" - now if we were high profile like Diageo or LDV, they may have got off their arses and done something - but a paltry 20+ members in a failing company doesn't make for good national publicity does it ? Sad but true ....

Look back through the posts - tomorrow (3rd) was supposed to be the day when the "notice" letters were sent out - we're already overrunning - nothing official has been said, just rumour of course (symptomatic of ...) - and don't forget our HR Department is NOT getting hit this time either. India may well be pulling the strings and calling the tunes, but we do have a totally clueless set-up at this end as well (we all know of course that everything went pear-shaped when "HR" took over from "Personnel" !) .. but enough for now ...


... anyone interested in football ?? Mossley's game this weekend away at Warrington Town has been switched to Friday night - apparently in an attempt by Warrington to boost their attendance. Just a shame they'd not taken away support into account (I know a few - including me) who won't be taking up the offer, especially as the ground is far from the railway station, and it's virtually impossible to get back to Mossley via train that late ... I bet they don't try this when Halifax Town are coming to Cantilever Park. So - it's a Saturday game for me down at the Butchers Arms when Droylsden entertain Stafford Rangers - a chance for a natter with Droylsden's snapper Carl (not seen since the Manky Cup Final @ Oldham last season) and a second chance to see the Rangers this season - just hope they do better than they did in the PSF at Kidsgrove !!!


Had a nice holiday in Britanny though - can't take that away from 2009 - here's one from Carnac just to "take minds off sh*t" again (double-click for "bigger" as they say)..




More tomorrow - no doubt ...
.

No comments: